Jarveon Howard is an American college football player who plays the running back position for the Alcorn State Braves. He is a senior who transferred from Syracuse University in 2021. He is one of the leading rushers in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and has earned several awards and honors for his performance on the field.
He is also a communication and rhetorical studies major who has excelled academically. Here is everything you need to know about Jarveon Howard, the football star who hails from the same hometown as the legendary Walter Payton.
|Date of Birth
|November 13, 1999
|23 years old (as of 2022)
|Place of Birth
|Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
|5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)
|200 lbs (90.7 kg)
|Alcorn State Braves
|Syracuse University (2018-2020)
Alcorn State University (2021-present)
|Communication and Rhetorical Studies
|Two sisters, one brother
He Remained A Hihg School Star
Jarveon Howard was born on November 13, 1999, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to Corneathia Howard and Jerome Stepney. He has two sisters and one brother. He grew up in Columbia, Mississippi, where he attended East Marion High School. He was a four-year starter and a two-time all-state selection for the Eagles.
He rushed for 6,039 yards and 81 touchdowns in his high school career, leading his team to three district titles and two state semifinal appearances. He was also a standout basketball player who averaged 18 points and eight rebounds per game as a senior. He was rated as a three-star recruit by ESPN and Rivals and received offers from several colleges, including Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, and Memphis
Who Are Jarveon Howard’s Parents?
According to the web search results, Jarveon Howard’s parents are Corneathia Howard and Jerome Stepney. He has two sisters and one brother. His father passed away in 2019, which was a turning point in Howard’s life.
His sister, Caubrei, has sickle cell disease, which was one of the reasons why he opted out of the 2020 season at Syracuse due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He is close friends with his former Syracuse teammate Moe Neal, who shares the same birthday as him, November 13.
Jarveon Howard Is Noted As A One of the Fit Player in His Team
Jarveon’s height is 5 feet 10 inches making him perfect to play football and represent his country at international levels. His body weight is 200 lbs which helps him to push his body easily while defending in football ground from other players.
Social Media Links
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/jarveonhoward/
- Twitter- https://twitter.com/jarveon_howard/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/jarveon.howard.7
- Wikipedia- Not Available
College Career, Stats at Syracuse
Jarveon Howard committed to Syracuse University in January 2018 and enrolled in June of the same year. He played in 12 games as a freshman, running for 315 yards and seven touchdowns on 68 carries. He made his debut against Wagner and had his first career 100-yard rushing game against Duke. He also scored a touchdown in the Camping World Bowl against West Virginia.
As a sophomore, he played in 11 games and ranked second on the team in rushing with 337 yards and three touchdowns on 76 carries. He also caught nine passes for 53 yards as a receiver out of the backfield. He had another 100-yard rushing game against Duke and scored a touchdown in overtime against Wake Forest.
He opted out of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic and entered the transfer portal after four games in 2021. He ran for 79 yards on seven attempts and caught one pass for eight yards in his final season with the Orange.
Read More Interesting Posts @ careermotto.in
College Career, NFL Draft at Alcorn State
Jarveon Howard transferred to Alcorn State University in January 2022 and joined the Braves, a Division I FCS team that competes in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). He became an immediate star for the Braves, running for 1,270 yards and 12 touchdowns on 253 carries in his senior season.
He ranked second in the FCS in rushing yards per game (115.5) and third in rushing touchdowns. He also had four games with over 150 rushing yards, including a career-high 207 yards against Southern.
He earned several accolades for his stellar season, including All-SWAC First Team, FCS All-American Third Team by Phil Steele, SWAC Offensive Player of the Year by BoxToRow, SWAC Newcomer of the Year by HBCU Gameday, and SWAC Co-Offensive Player of the Week twice. He helped the Braves win their third consecutive SWAC East Division title and reach the SWAC Championship Game.
He has Earned Good Wealth Till Today
Jarveon Howard is a communication and rhetorical studies major named to the ACC Honor Roll and the SU Athletic Director’s Honor Roll for his academic achievements. He has not revealed his relationship status or net worth publicly. However, he might have a net worth of $250k USD approximately.
He lives a wonderful life having luxury around him. You may be wondering why he is not having a girlfriend. When our Seeu Wiki (careermotto.in) team researched we found that he is connected to some beautiful girls but is not creating love relations with anyone.
- Jarveon Howard hails from the same hometown as Pro Football Hall of Famer and Chicago Bears legend Walter Payton, who is widely regarded as one of the greatest running backs of all time.
- Jarveon wears the number 0 for the Alcorn State Braves, which is a rare and unique number for a football player. He chose the number to represent his mindset of having nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- Howard spent three months in Germany in 2020, where he worked out and completed 18 credits of online courses while taking a mental break from everything going on back home amid the pandemic. He said the experience helped him grow as a person and a player.
- Jarveon is a fan of rap music and lists Drake, Lil Wayne, Future, and Young Thug as some of his favorite artists. He also likes to listen to motivational speeches by Eric Thomas and Inky Johnson before games.
- Jarveon is a devout Christian who credits God for his success and talent. He often posts inspirational quotes and verses from the Bible on his social media accounts.
- He is close friends with former Syracuse teammate Moe Neal, who is also a running back. The two have known each other since they were 12 years old and played together at East Marion High School and Syracuse University. They also share the same birthday, November 13.
- He is a fan of the New Orleans Saints and the Los Angeles Lakers. He admires players like Alvin Kamara, LeBron James, and Kobe Bryant for their work ethic and leadership.
- He is an avid gamer who likes to play NBA 2K, Madden, Call of Duty, and Fortnite on his PlayStation 4. He also enjoys watching movies and shows on Netflix and Hulu.
- Jarveon has a dream of playing in the NFL and following in the footsteps of his idol Walter Payton. He said he would love to play for any team that gives him an opportunity, but he has a preference for the Chicago Bears, the New Orleans Saints, or the Miami Dolphins.
- Jarveon is a humble and respectful person who always thanks his coaches, teammates, family, and fans for their support. He said he wants to use his platform to inspire others and make a positive impact on the world.