Amy Trigg (Age: 30 years) is a British actor and writer who has made a name for herself in the entertainment industry with her versatile and impressive talents. She is known for her roles in the Royal Shakespeare Company’s The Taming of the Shrew and Measure for Measure, the rock musical Tommy, and the film Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
She is also an award-winning playwright and a TV writer for shows like Ralph and Katie and Toxic Town. Here are some facts about Amy Trigg that you may not know:
|Date of Birth
|March 23, 1993
|30 years old (as of 2023)
|Essex, England, United Kingdom
|Harlington Upper School, Oaklands College, Arts University Bournemouth
|4′ 11″ (1.50 m)
|Rob Trigg (father)
Lori Trigg (mother)
Joe Trigg (brother)
|Estimated at $1 million – $5 million
Biography, Health Conditions
Amy Trigg was born on March 23, 1993 in Essex, England. She was born with spina bifida, a condition that affects the development of the spine and can cause mobility issues. She did not let her disability stop her from pursuing her passion for performing arts.
She started taking ballet classes at the age of five and fell in love with musical theatre. She did not see any actors on stage using a wheelchair, but that did not deter her from following her dreams.
She attended Harlington Upper School and Oaklands College, where she studied performing arts. She then went on to study acting at the Arts University Bournemouth, where she graduated with a BA (Hons) in 2013. She became the first wheelchair user to graduate from a performance course at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
Why does Amy Trigg use a wheelchair?
Amy Trigg uses a wheelchair because she was born with spina bifida, a condition that affects the development of the spine and can cause mobility issues. Spina bifida is a type of neural tube defect, which means that the spinal cord and the surrounding bones (vertebrae) do not form properly during early pregnancy.
This can result in various complications, such as nerve damage, hydrocephalus (fluid in the brain), bladder and bowel problems, and paralysis. Amy Trigg has spina bifida occulta, which is the mildest form of the condition and does not cause any visible signs on the back.
However, she still experiences some symptoms, such as weakness and numbness in her legs, difficulty walking, and chronic pain.
Amy Trigg does not let her disability stop her from pursuing her passion for performing arts. She started taking ballet classes at the age of five and fell in love with musical theatre. She did not see any actors on stage using a wheelchair, but that did not deter her from following her dreams.
Career- Actress, Writer
Amy Trigg started her professional acting career in 2014, when she landed the role of Sally Simpson in the rock musical Tommy at the Blackpool Opera House. She then appeared in various theatre productions across the UK, such as Fusion at Sadler’s Wells, The Threepenny Opera at Nottingham Playhouse, The Importance of Being Earnest at The Stephen Joseph Theatre, and The Comedy of Errors at Shakespeare’s Globe.
In 2018, she made her film debut in the hit musical comedy Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, where she played one of Lily James’ friends and performed in the Waterloo dance sequence. She also appeared in the Netflix series S*x Education as Gemma.
In 2019, she joined the Royal Shakespeare Company’s ensemble for their season of gender-flipped plays. She played Bianca in The Taming of the Shrew and Mariana in Measure for Measure. She received critical acclaim for her performances and was nominated for an Ian Charleson Award.
In 2020, she won the inaugural Women’s Prize for Playwriting for her debut play Reasons You Should(n’t) Love Me, which is a semi-autobiographical comedy about a young woman with spina bifida navigating love and life.
The play had its world premiere at the Kiln Theatre in London in May 2021 and returned to the same venue in Autumn 2022 after a tour.
She is also a successful TV writer who has co-written an episode of Toxic Town, a Netflix four-part limited series by Jack Thorne. She wrote an episode of Ralph and Katie, a spin-off to the popular BBC show The A-Word by Peter Bowker.
She has original projects in development with ITV Studios, Red Production Company, Little Door, The Forge and Two Rivers Media. She is currently playing Agnes in The Last Five Years musical at Soho Place Theatre.
Social Media Links
|Social Media Platform
Amy Trigg is married to Tom Morley, who is also an actor and writer. They met while studying at Arts University Bournemouth and got married in 2018. They have two children: a son named Oscar and a daughter named Ivy.
She is also a podcaster who co-hosts You Okay? with Holly and Amy with her friend Holly Boyden. The podcast is about mental health and wellbeing.
Amy Trigg is a beautiful woman with brown hair and blue eyes. She has a fair complexion and a charming smile. She uses a wheelchair for mobility but does not let it define her. She has a tattoo of a butterfly on her right wrist and a piercing on her left nostril.
Earnings From Her Profession
Amy Trigg’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million, according to various sources. She earns her income from her acting and writing projects, as well as from her podcast and social media endorsements. She is one of the most successful and influential actors and writers in the UK.
- She is a fan of Harry Potter and has a tattoo of the Deathly Hallows symbol on her left ankle.
- She loves dogs and has a pet cockapoo named Luna.
- Amy is a feminist and has contributed an essay titled ‘An Ode to Improv (and Poehler and Fey)’ to the book Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (and other lies) by Scarlett Curtis.
- She is a vegetarian and enjoys cooking and baking.
- She is a supporter of various charities and causes, such as Scope, Spinal Research, Mind, and Women for Women International.
- Amy is a fan of musicals and some of her favourites are Hamilton, Wicked, Les Miserables, and Dear Evan Hansen.
- She is a skilled improviser and has performed with groups such as The Noise Next Door, The Maydays, and The RH Experience.
- She is a fan of Disney movies and has a collection of Disney mugs.
- Amy is a fan of Friends and has watched the series multiple times.
- She is a fan of Taylor Swift and has attended her concerts.
- Amy is a fan of Game of Thrones and has met some of the cast members, such as Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, and Maisie Williams.
- Amy is a fan of The Office (US) and has met some of the cast members, such as Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, and Rainn Wilson.
- She is a fan of The Beatles and has visited their museum in Liverpool.
- She is a fan of Sherlock Holmes and has visited the Sherlock Holmes Museum in London.
- She is a fan of Harry Styles and has met him at the Brit Awards.